Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Reunions: Part 1 - Bec comes to visit

*Warning: This post is a bit of a picture overload.

This summer was full of reunions for us.  And to kick it off, my best friend Bec drove up from California with her two kids for a week long visit!  We hadn't seen eachother since Steve and I left Utah two years ago, so I'm glad she was willing to make the trip!

We spent the week down at my parents' house because adding three people to our 2 bedroom apartment didn't sound like too appealing and, let's face it, Grandma's house is just way more fun.  One of my favorite things about this visit is that I wasn't stressed about planning things to do.  Even though Bec is a little more activity driven than I am, I assumed that based on our history, we could do just about anything and have a good time.  I was right.  Although we did go out a few days and see some of the (kid-friendly) sites, we spent most of our time at the house just hanging out, talking, and watching our kids play.  I was a little worried about how Aliyah would handle having two extra kids in her territory for a week, but she did really well and they seemed to have a lot of fun together.  Step 1 of making our girls life long friends and future college roommates is complete!

Now for the photo dump.  I'll let you know what each activity is, but if you want more details about what we actually did, go here and read Bec's post about the trip.  She is much better at details than I am, so check it out.

Around the House

Tacoma Children's Museum

Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium

 4th of July Mariners Game
(Aliyah stayed home with Grandma.  Steve and I are not as daring as Bec and Jeff)

4th of July Activities at Gene Coulon Park
(we didn't last to the fireworks, but the park was a lot of fun) 

Bec and Jeff spent their last night at our place before heading to their family reunion in the morning, giving the girls a little more bonding time :)

All-in-all it was a great week and really great to see such a good friend.  My favorite thing about our relationship is that it doesn't ever seem to matter how long we've been apart, we're always able to just pick up where we left off and be natural together.  We can talk for hours or just lounge on the couch watching tv and not saying a word to each other without worrying about what to talk about next.  I'm grateful to have met Bec 9 years ago and even more grateful that we have become such great friends over the years.  Hopefully it wont be two more years before we get together again :)

1 comment:

  1. Look at you getting all sentimental! *tear* :) I love you! Let's do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete